We Care Pediatric posts regular updates concerning the latest information on vaccines and vaccination schedules for children. You are encouraged to check our web site often for the most recent news on children's vaccinations.
Children Enrolled in Child Care Facilities
All children entering Pre k grade are required to meet the following requirements:
1. Prior to Pre K, you child will need 2nd doses of Varicella and Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccines. They also will need their final doses of Dtap and Polio.
- Contact your child care facility about your child's Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231) and the expiration date. If your child is currently enrolled in a 4-year-old pre-K program and has a certificate marked as "Complete for School," they should not need any additional vaccines.
Rules for Sixth (6th) Grade Students
All children entering 6th grade are required to meet the following requirements:
- Starting at 11 years old, it is required that your child have their first meningitis vaccine and Tdap vaccine.
- Although not required, we also recommend beginning the HPV series, which includes 2 vaccines seperated by 6 months.
- Contact your health care provider to receive any needed vaccinations and to obtain the Georgia Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231).
Vaccinate your children early and beat the back to school rush!